Shopping Cart0 item(s) - $0.00
Delizon Annual Short Story Competition
Entries are now open for the 2015 Annual Short Story Competition organized by Delizon Publishers.
The awards for the 2015 contest will include:
- A first place prize of $300
- A first runner up prize of $200
- A second runner up prize of $100
- The prize for the fourth through to the tenth place: $50
- The 11 to 25th place will receive a gift certificate from Delizon Publishers.
We are looking for a story that is bold, brilliant yet brief. Send in your best work with a word count not more than 1500. Delizon Publishers do not shift schedules or wait for more entries after the original closing dates; what this means is that you might miss out if you wait till the dying minutes to make your submission. This is probably the best short story writing competition available to you today.
People from different cultures and regions of the world are among the list of our winners.
1. Eligibility: The competition is open to any writer; there is no age or country restriction. Manuscript must be original and unpublished, not currently submitted for publication. Entries outside the word limit (1500 max) will be disqualified (no refund will be issued for disqualified entries).
2. Entry fees: The entry fee is $25 (or equivalent). You can pay by bank/credit card (Visa, Master Card, etc) on our website or request a PayPal link. Email us if you have any difficulty (email@example.com).
3. Manuscript submission: Manuscript must be in English or French, must be typewritten and double spaced on (preferably) A4 size paper in PDF format. Copies should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include your name, address, phone number and email address. You can submit multiple manuscripts of different stories but a separate entry applies for each. Delizon Publishers reserves one-time publication rights to the 1st- through 25th-place winning entries to be published in one of our imprints.
4. Competition judging: There will be two phases of selection for the submissions. An initial assessment by our editors leading to the selection of the best manuscripts. Judging the best stories is based on originality, good writing, new dimension and content.
5. Notification: The winners’ names and story titles will be published on the Delizon Publishers website (www.delizonpublishers.com ). We will try to contact every participant, but due to the volume of entries it may not be possible to notify all entrants directly.
6. Awards: The awards (and gift certificates) as specified above will be received by winners. Winners’ names and story titles will appear on our website and other online platforms. Contributing Editors or employees of Delizon Publishers and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: