DELIZON ANNUAL SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2013
Entries are now open for the 2013 Annual Short Story Competition organized by Delizon Publishers.
The awards will include:
A first place prize of $1200
A first runner up prize of $600
A third runner up prize of $120
The prize for the fourth through to the tenth place: $60
The 11 to 25th place will receive a gift certificate from Delizon Publishers.
We are looking for a story that is bold, brilliant yet brief. Send in your best work with a word count not more than 1500 before the 15th April 2013.
1. The competition is open to any writer; there is no age or country restriction. Manuscript must be original and unpublished, not currently submitted for publication. Entries outside the word limitation (1500 max) will be disqualified (No refund will be issued for disqualified entries).
2. The entry fee is 25 dollars (or equivalent). You can pay by bank/credit card (Visa, Master Card, etc) on our website or request PayPal link. Email us if you have any difficulty (email@example.com).
3. Manuscript entries must be in English or French. Entries must be typewritten and double spaced on (preferably) A4 size paper in PDF format. Copies can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15 2013.
Entries must include your name, address, phone number and email address. You can submit multiple entries of different stories but a separate entry applies for each.
Delizon Publishers reserves a one-time publication rights to the 1st- through 25th-place winning entries to be published in one of our imprints.
4. There will be two phases of selection for the submissions. An initial assessment by our editors leading to the selection of the best strong manuscripts. Then competition judges will be appointed by our competition manager and their decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2013. The winners’ names and story titles will be published on the Delizon Publishers website (www.delizonpublishers.com). We try to contact every participant, but due to the volume of entries it may not be possible to notify all entrants directly of the results of the competitions. If you have not been contacted by this date, you may assume that your entry is not a finalist and may be marketed elsewhere.
6. The awards of $1200 – $60 (and gift certificates) as specified above, will be received by winners. These will be awarded during one of Delizon Publishers Annual Conferences/Excursions. Winners’ names and story titles will appear in a regular journal and several online platforms.
Contributing Editors or Employees of Delizon Publishers and their immediate families are not permitted to enter the competition.