- Release of POINTMAN II by Robert L. Owens
- Announcing the result of the Delizon Annual Short Story Competition 2013-2014
- Another 5 star rating for (Egypt Arab Spring) The long and Winding Road to Democracy in Egypt by Hany Ghoraba
- Pointman by Robert L. Owens - 5 star ranking on Amazon
- HIV/AIDS: Unanswered Questions ranked #1 in Amazon Kindle
- "Absolute must-read" Egypt Arab Spring listed at No.3 on Amazon.com Hot New Releases
- Top Amazon reviewer gives Five-star rating to new book on Egyptian Arab spring by Hany Ghoraba
- Egypt crisis: Hany Ghoraba on Huffington Post Live TV
- Gabriela Sbarcea, author of "Message to My Butterfly" on the Hollis Chapman Show!
- Announcing the result of the Delizon Annual Short Story Competition 2012-2013
- For Gods and For Men at the World Fantasy Conference
- Good news for Gabriela Sbarcea, author of Message to My Butterfly
- Promoting the National French week in the US
- Free Ebook reading day!
- Delizon Publishers at the World Fantasy Conference, Toronto
- Message to My Butterfly now launched in the US
- Delizon Publishers supports its authors through promotional and marketing events
- DELIZON ANNUAL SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2013
- Richard Holbrooke’s Papers Entrusted to George Packer
- Producer, Writer, Star and One Funny Mama
- 2011 Pulitzer Prize Winners Announced
- A Whim, A Book, And, Wow!
- Amazon to Publish New Line of Romances
- Robert Loomis, Book Editor, Retiring From Random House
- AOL, Publishing Companies Connect To Launch Bookish
- Poetry Out Loud National Finals
- What if Osama Bin Laden was not killed on the 7th of May 2011?
- Delizon Publishers
- 2010 National Book Award Finalists Announced
Delizon Annual Short Story Competition Results
1. 'Gold Standard' by James Wikin - First Place
2. 'Dirty Book' by Bonnie Kidd - Second Place
Bonnie Kidd (born 1945) spent her childhood in a low-rent, high-crime environment, which has profoundly influenced her imagination. Her chief subjects are crime and child abuse. She lives now with her husband, George, in beautiful Ocean Springs, Mississippi, a small coastal town with a sizable population of artists and writers. Although she occasionally writes a poem, she prefers short and long fiction. She has published in the Magnolia Quarterly, Fish Anthology, and a number of online sites, and she has won or placed in many writing competitions. Bonnie hopes to find a publisher for her first novel, Call it Murder, during 2015.
3. 'One Over Par' by Mark Mehrer - Third Place
Mark was born in England just after the war, lived in Essex and Suffolk, married, had two sons, divorced and
He has the distinction of being the only Englishman to have proposed to an Australian in a Mexican restaurant in Germany!
Having been at various times a policeman, estate agent, truck driver and numerous other things, he is now retired and grows vegetables, writes short stories and nonsense verses. He is living happily ever after, in Albany, Western Australia.
4. 'A Fate Worse than Death' by Yvonne Wedgwood
Yvonne has been interested in writing since childhood but has only recently taken it up again since retiring from
the University of Western Australia where she worked as a departmental secretary for 23 years.
She studied German and Spanish at a tertiary college and worked overseas for many years (temping in London, medical secretary at U.S. Air Force Hospital in Wiesbaden and U.S. Army Hospital in Nueremburg, Germany, and in a hospital in Vancouver, Canada).
After returning to her home in Perth, Western Australia, she still manages the occasional trip to Europe, USA, Canada and SE Asia. Until recently she did volunteer work assisting refugees after detention and also with Legal Aid lawyers in the Magistrates' Courts.
Her interests are reading, crossword puzzles, music, baking, gardening, Aussie rules football. She recently moved from Perth to Sydney where her daughter and two grand daughters live.
5. 'Shot une vie' by Sajad Zafranchilar
6. 'Break In' by Zachariah Barry
Zachariah Barry is eighteen years old, home schooled his whole life! He lives in Roca, NE, U.S.A. His passion for writing began in his middle school years. According to Zach, writing is a great joy and blessing. “It’s just beyond me; I sit down all day at my laptop, creating stories...”. This was his first time entering the Delizon Publishers writing contest.
7. 'The Stoic' by HS Derkin
H. Scott Derkin lives in Toledo, Ohio with his wife Carol and a scruffy miniature poodle mix named Dylanbob. By not taking in to account his shortcomings, his wife has managed to stay with him for 46 years. Derkin pursues his livelihood there in a prosaic trade. In the time not taken up by working and writing, he may be found summers at the helm of his sailboat, making passage around the islands of western Lake Erie.
Author’s blog: hsderkin.com
8. 'The Beginning of the End' by Nancy Lendved
Nancy Lendved loves to travel. She loves riding in the country and traipsing down city streets, seeking friendly faces, and searching out
local color and flavor. But she’s also a nester, and is beyond grateful to return home to the community of old houses she relocated
to the countryside just outside of Athens, Georgia.
Nancy graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in English from SUNY Albany, holds an M.A. in English Literature and Language from the University of Chicago, studied Interior Design at Parsons in New York City and Paris, and more recently, Creative Writing at the University of Georgia, where she was fortunate to study under Reginald McKnight. She is currently enrolled in Learn-Everyday-Land.
Nancy’s worked as a copy editor, copy writer, and photo stylist for clients ranging from the American Institute of Architects, The Washington Post, National Wildlife Federation and NIH, to the Pershing Square Foundation. She’s written about local artists for Patch and has guest blogged for Women Etcetera, Design*Sponge and beauty everyday. Read her story, “The Magic of Athens,” on THE BITTER SOUTHERNER.
In 1990 Nancy founded Frontier, one of the earliest “green” gift and home-furnishings shops. It became a Southeastern destination, and still thrives under new ownership. She’s spent time in product development and management at the Georgia Museum of Art’s gift shop, and is now the co-creator and organizer of A World Away, a community market festival for artists, craftspeople, antiques dealers, and growers.
Read more of Nancy's writing at www.onlymenancy.com
9. 'Holler' by Devin Bent
Devin and his wife lived in the Shenandoah Valley, where they raised their children, for 21 years. He taught
politics and public administration at James Madison University, taking time off to serve in other roles. The experiences from his time
in the Valley served as the inspiration for writing the winning story Holler.
His daughter Jenny Bent heads her own successful literary agency, the Bent Agency (TBA). His son John Bent designs prototypes of faster supercomputers for EMC2, a Fortune 500 company and the U.S. Department of Energy.
Devin Bent now lives in Namb√©, a predominantly Hispanic village north of Santa Fe, New Mexico. He now spends time writing, taking photos, and practicing sustainable agriculture and animal habitat restoration. Because of his love for this place, he has acquired the nickname “Namb√©”!
10. 'Blue Mounds State Park' by Cindy Chadwick
'St Patrick Day Parade 2001', by Cindy Chadwick; 'Wash and Wipe', by Migel Jayasinghe; 'The Car Pool', by HS Derkin; 'The Creator's Hand', by Amber Keippeinam; 'Shackled', by Kazim Labna;'Pole, Pole', by Rachel Printy; 'Meaning of Life', by Grant Flint;'Lazy Professor', by Chinedum Obikili and a few others also merited a gift certificate.
This year we were able to review each manuscript and give a feedback to all entrees; this is not always easy when there are hundreds of entries.
If you entered the competition and did not hear from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It has been a great year and we will do our best to promote these short stories and see to it that this contest remains a great experience for our winning authors.
Congratulations once more!
- Book authors/Readers
- Booksellers/ Libraries
- Editors/Product marketers
- Societies and Organisations
- Join us and get to know us better - we have products that will entertain and educate you!